OPTION A: BPS Combined Certificates in Occupational Testing: Personality and Ability (TUOA/P, formally Level A & B) (available as a 'taught' or 'blended' mode)
- Theory of Psychometric Testing & Personality Assessment
- How to select the most appropriate Tests for a specific purpose
- Test Administration & Scoring
- Test Reliability & Sources of Error
- The Validity of Psychometric Tests – Measuring the Utility of Testing
- Understanding Personality Assessment
- Interpretation of the Profiles XT Personality Inventory
- Using the Profiles XT for Recruitment and People Development
- Feeding Back Ability and Personality Tests
- Best Practice, Diversity and Fair Selection
- 8 hours of pre-course learning and reading
- 3 days face-to-face training
- 5 hours of post-course work
- 35-50 hours commitment (online mode)
Psychometrics are widely used by the Fortune top 500 companies to assess, select and develop talent. There must be a good reason why top companies rely on scientific measures such as psychometrics to select and develop their key talent. They are proven to add great organisational value when used by appropriately trained personnel.
TOPPI runs courses leading to the British Psychological Society (BPS) and European Federation of Psychological Association (EFPA) Certificates of Competence in the use of Ability tests (formerly Level A) and Personality tests (formerly Level B) . These courses take place internationally, predominantely in the UK, Europe, USA, UAE (Dubai in Partnership) and the Caribbean. They meet the professional guidelines of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Modes of delivery:
Five day (Residential, weekend - event dates tbc)
Distance Learning (online through portal; 35-50 hours commitment to study materials)
Blended learning (2 days taught + online access to portal)
In-house (for a group of 3 people or more, we will run the course on your site)
Three/Four/Five Day (taught) Combined Certificates in Occupational Testimg: Ability and Personality.
OPTION B: Test User Occupational, Ability (Level A) Training
This course provides you with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to conduct psychometric tests fairly and effectively in organisations. Accredited and verified by the British Psychological Society (BPS), the Test User: Occupational, Ability (Level A) Qualification is internationally recognised and aligned with the standards of competence defined by the European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations (EFPA).
Who is it for? HR professionals and consultants who wish to gain the BPS Test User, Occupational, Ability qualification.
E-learning (6 hours)
- An Introduction to Psychometric Testing
- An Introduction to Reliability and Validity
- Best Practice
- Describing Test Scores
- Transforming Scores to Different Scales
- Measuring Reliability & Validity
Classroom (1 day)
- Test Selection
- Test Administration - Principles & Practice
- Scoring Tests
- Fair Selection
OPTION C: Test User: Occupational, Personality (Level B)
Who is it for?
HR professionals and consultants who wish to gain the BPS qualification in Test User: Occupational, Personality (Level B).
E-learning (2-3 hours)
The e-learning component covers the principles of personality theory and assessment:
- What is Personality?
- Introduction to Personality Theory
- Introduction to Personality Assessment
Classroom (2 days)
The classroom component covers qualification in a specific personality assessment chosen from the following:
- Profiles XT Test - for coaching, management development, and selection - read more about https://ptc.bps.org.uk/test-review/profile-xt
In order to gain eligibility for the BPS qualification, it is necessary to practice using the assessment with two volunteers, provide feedback and write two reports. Full details will be provided.
Alternatively, we can run these courses on your own premises if there are a few people to be trained. Whether at your office, or at a hotel/training centre of your choice, we are willing to come to you. Please contact us for more information regarding pricing.
Call us on 020 3368 6788 to reserve your place. Alternatively, click here to pay and complete the registration form. Alternatively, please book your place via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bps-test-user-occupational-ability-and-personality-level-a-b-combined-training-course-employability-tickets-15524178235
(Note: Special discounts apply for Occ/Bus.Psych students). Online courses are also available for you to start anytime - call us for details.